Reseller Web Hosting in South Africa: One of the most convenient ways for web enthusiasts to add a new source of income is through reseller web hosting. This is particularly beneficial if you are a website owner and you want to make more profit.
At this point, you may be wondering what makes reseller web hosting such a lucrative and popular business. Is it worth your investment? In this article, we shall tell you all that you need to know about reseller web hosting and what you need to do to make the best out of it.
Firstly, let us find out what reseller web hosting is.
What is reseller web hosting in South Africa?
In simple terms, reseller web hosting is buying hosting plans in bulk and selling them to your clients at healthy profits. How it works is that you get a Website Hosting Manager (WHM) that gives you all the control you need as that of a full server. This means that you have full control of customers’ accounts, you can create your own customized plans, create new customer accounts, and give users particular admin rights.
For most people at this point, this sounds very doable. The good news is that it actually gets better as we shall see below.
You could also be wondering, is reseller web hosting limited to a certain group of people? The answer is a big no! Anyone can venture into this business as long as you have the relevant skills to run it successfully. More good news is that you can learn about reseller web hosting amazingly fast and run your business successfully.
Advantages of Reseller Web Hosting
- Each client gets their own Control Panel
- Inexpensive infrastructure like servers, or software licences
- Quick and easy to expand your business. As a reseller, you have the capacity to diversify and sell as many products as you want and even do consultation which can propel you to grow depending on the clients demands.
- Time efficient. This is influenced by the fact that you do not have to wait for products to arrive for you to start selling. You just need to add the reseller products to your site and start marketing. Also, most of the processes are automated which makes most of the transactions fast.
Requirements For A Successful Reseller Web Hosting Business
A reliable hosting provider
The hosting provider you choose directly affects the success of your reseller business. This is because they influence how you operate as well as the tools you use. In selecting a hosting provider, ensure that their package includes all the features you will need to run your business successfully. Some of these include:
- A WHM control panel
- Billing solutions. As a reseller you can automate your billing system with WHMCS
- One click installs.
- Bundled plans that can be used on many different sites which will enable you to serve as many clients as possible.
Finding a reliable hosting provider requires extensive research. Making a good investment in a quality host will save you a big deal in the long run.
A well-founded marketing strategy
For your business to grow, you need to tell people about it hence you need to have a good marketing strategy. One of the tools that you can use is your existing website and social media platforms.
You can also use eye-catching graphics and messages to get your clients to notice your new services. Another way can be sending marketing emails to your clients contact list with all the details about your new business also showing how you stand out from your competition.
Ability to provide strong customer service.
As a reseller, most people will refer to you as their hosting provider. This means that every time they have queries, they will contact you and a good hosting provider needs to be efficient in their communication.
In some cases, you may find a host who includes customer service in the base plan you purchase which means that your customers have access to 24/7/365 support. This way, you are sure that your customers need are always sorted out in a timely way.
Otherwise, you will have to have solid strategy on how to handle queries as they arise. Most importantly, ensure that you do not leave your customers waiting for too long. Another strategy would be to set up a dedicated social media platform that meets this same purpose or implement an email management tool.
Top Reseller Web Hosting Companies in South Africa
The HostGator reseller plan provides all the tools and support you need to manage your business independently. These include:
- MySQL databases
- FTP accounts
- Unlimited websites
- Free billing software. HostGator uses WHMCS to facilitate the billing of customers which comes already installed in your package.
- Scalability. The simple and free upgrades make it easy to scale your hosting as your business continues to grow.
- Flexibility in resource allocation, and payment methods as well as any other client services.
- 24/7/365 customer support
- 99.9% uptime which enables your site to stay up and available for your clients.
One of the best parts about HostGator’s package is that they give you a 45-day money-back guarantee for the first 45 days of using their hosting services. Now I know that you must be wondering about their reseller web hosting pricing. Here is what to expect:
HostPapa have a rich reseller hosting package that is perfect for, agencies, IT firms, designers, or individuals who want to manage multiple websites. Their dashboard is easy to use and allows you to manage all your websites on this single platform.
In addition, you can install hundreds of other apps like Joomla and WordPress to provide you with optimum functionality that will boost your business to achieve high profits. Below we have highlighted other features and functionalities that you can expect from HostPapa reseller web hosting.
- Free SSL certificates
- Dedicated customer support for both you and your customers
- Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- High performance servers
- SSD drives
- Multiple geo-centric server locations
- Automated website back-up
- RAID redundancy
- Server firewall
- Network monitoring
HostPapa target is to enable you to run a successful business as a reseller. To add, they give you a 30-day money-back guarantee which is a lucrative deal in attracting and keeping clients. Check out their pricing plans below.
#3. Truehost Africa
Truehost reseller web hosting is known for its high quality and the most affordable deals in the market today. Their package includes the following:
- cPanel accounts
- Web Hosting Manager (WHM)
- Shared IP address
- 24/7/365 customer support
- Huge disk space, this varies according to the plan you choose.
Check out their pricing plans below:
In-Motion understands just what the work of a reseller entails. They have the following incredible features that are carefully put together for reseller web hosting.
- 24/7/365 customer support
- cPanel and WHM included for ease in managing users, databases, and subdomains.
- An auto-installer with more than 400 available application
- White label hosting
- Domain reselling
- High performing reseller plans
- Free WHMCS billing system
- Multilayer defence
- Free premium SSL certificate
As if that is not enough, In-Motion probably has one of the most generous starting packages. They allow you to have a 90-day full money-back guarantee. Let us find out more about the pricing.
#5. A2 Hosting
A2 has a fully white-labelled reseller hosting solution. Their sites are hosted on turbo servers which makes them up to 20 times faster. Just the right solution for many customers. This also has a positive effect on SEO rankings as it brings about low bounce rates and high conversion rates. Below are more features that you can expect:
- 99.9% uptime commitment
- 24/7/365 Guru crew support
- Exceptionally reliable servers
- Free WHMCS for your billing
- Free account migration
- Money-back guarantee
- WHM control panel for ease of use
This is just a glimpse of what you can get from A2 reseller web hosting. The difference between the standard reseller package and the turbo one is that the Turbo one is up to 20 times faster than the standard package. Let us find out more about their pricing below.
Reseller web hosting in South Africa is a great way to add a source of passive income.
From the examples above, it is quite easy to start a reseller business and at the same time it is not too demanding to run it. Why don’t you go ahead and click on one of the reseller businesses above to start on your reseller hosting business?